| September 16 11:00 h (September 16 16:00 GMT)
In the last 24 hours the monitoring system of Popocatepetl clocked 1 exhalation of low intensity, however, was observed for some time lapses continuous emission of steam and gas toward the northwest. Incandescence light overnight observed (image 1), (image 2).
On the morning of day continuous emission of steam and gas, due to strong winds in the area, down the western slope of the volcano is observed (image 3), (image 4).
At the time of this report, the cloudiness in the area prevents observe the volcano.
The Volcanic Alert Semaphore is located in Amarillo Phase 2.
Volcanic Traffic Light is at Yellow Phase 2.
The scenarios foreseen for this phase are:
1. Explosive activity of low to intermediate level.
2. Ash fall in nearby towns.
3. Possibility of pyroclastic flows and mudflows short range.
Special emphasis is placed on the following recommendations:
1. Continue the safety radius of 12 km, so staying in that area is not allowed.
2. Keep the controlled traffic between Santiago Xalitzintla and San Pedro Nexapa through Paso de Cortés.
3. A Civil Protection authorities, keep your preventive procedures, in accordance with their operational plans.
4. People, being alert to the official information disseminated.
Popocatepetl Volcano monitoring is performed continuously 24 hours. Any change in activity will be reported in due course.